Feeling French? Dukkah Crusted Baked Brie matched with 'The Ratbag' Merlot
• 1 large 8 oz or two small 4 oz ripe Goat Milk Brie (The cheese should give slightly to pressure in the centre)
• 1-2 Tablespoons honey (plus extra for serving)
• 2 Tablespoons dried fruit (sultanas or cranberries work well)
• 2 Tablespoons chopped pistachios
• 1 Tablespoon of water for soaking dried fruit
• Crackers and apple slices for serving
• 3 tablespoons ‘Mary’s Mumbo Jumbo’ Egyptian Dukkah
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C
2. Rehydrate the dried fruit in warm water until soft (at least 20 minutes).
3. In the meantime prepare the cheese.
4. Trim rind from top of Brie, leaving a small border around.
5. Brush the cheese on all sides with honey.
6. Spread ‘Mary’s Mumbo Jumbo’ Egyptian Dukkah evenly on the bottom of a shallow dish or pie plate.
7. Place cheese top side down into the spice mix and press firmly. Flip and press gently to the bottom and sides as well.
8. Place in a shallow ramekin or oven proof serving dish and bake until warm (about 10 minutes).
9. Top with the drained soaked fruit and chopped pistachios, drizzle with extra honey and serve warm with crackers and sliced apples. (Toss apple slices in lemon juice to prevent browning)
8. Enjoy with a glass of ‘The Ratbag’ Merlot.