Zucchini Fritters with 'Pam's Smoke & Mirrors'
These Zucchini Fritters are a perfect canapé to enjoy
with a glass of 'The Drama Queen', and they're easy to make too.
2 large zucchini, coarsely grated
1 red onion, coarsely grated
2 teaspoons preserved lemon, finely chopped (see Notes)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
150g haloumi, coarsely grated
1/2 cup plain flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup crème fraiche/sour cream
Pam’s Smoke & Mirrors
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using hands, squeeze grated zucchini and onion to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl. Add preserved lemon, oregano, haloumi, flour and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture to make 16 balls. Place on prepared tray. Using a fork, flatten slightly. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden and firm. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Mix crème fraiche with 3 tablespoons of 'Pam’s Smoke & Mirrors' dollop onto each fritter.
5. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.