Hugh Hamilton Wines Events - Shearing the Vines
This is a fun, hands-on experience, packed with great information about vines and grapes.
By the end of the day our members:
- Understand why McLaren Vale is a premium grape growing region
- Learn how to identify the ripeness of the fruit for harvest
- Predict the quality of the future wine by tasting the grapes
We look after all the tools to shear the vines, but our members harvest the fruit for the 'Shearer's Cut' wine ... which will has their name on the back label! (This wine has rated 90+ points each year with James Halliday)
After the hard work (barely!) is done, our member's enjoy lunch in the rustic shed on the historic Black Sheep Vineyard, with Hugh, Pam & Mary. Our members also get the first preview of the unreleased ‘Shearer’s Cut’ wine, created from the event two years prior.
Over the two years following the event our members are invited behind the scenes and are updated on the journey of their wine via a visual diary.
2017 SHEARING THE VINES EVENT
When: Sunday 2nd April
Where: We will meet at Hugh Hamilton Cellar Door, 94 McMurtrie Road, McLaren Vale at 9:30am. We will then travel in convoy to the Black Sheep Vineyard, over at Blewitt Springs and all the formalities should be finished after lunch by 3pm.
Cost: Tickets are $110 per person. There are only two tickets per winning membership. Tickets are non-refundable.
Drop your name into the hat by midnight Tuesday 14th March
ARE YOU IN?! CLICK HERE
We will conduct the lottery on Wednesday 15th of March and will let you know by email if you are successful or not.
This is our most popular Black Sheep Club exclusive event. We can only accommodate a very limited number of ‘Shearers’ (30 members and their partners) so priority will be given to those who have not previously attended.
- "Phenomenal. It was a true thrill to experience this, knowing our hands will be part of something truly special and unique." - Rob & Mikaella Grey
- "So much knowledge imparted at a level of understanding for the group." - Karen & Richard Kroon
- “Fantastic! Very informative, lots of laughs. Great hands-on experience for lovers of wine.” - Anthony & Kara Janus
- “What an exhilarating informative day, sharing lunch and meeting new friends really captured the true essence of HH winery at its best” - Julie King