We can’t wait to host you at our iconic Cellar Door. You'll feel like family amongst our passionate team and there are wines to suit everyone's tastes.
Every element of the space has been designed to enhance your tasting and give you permission to settle in and engage with the wines and the surroundings. Soak in our iconic tasting room views and learn something new! Interactive elements such as videos, smell jars and tactile props are a unique addition to the Cellar Door experience. Start with the 270 degree views of our vineyards before embarking on an interesting journey of cheese matched with Hugh’s premium wines.
- “From the drive in with the "sheep dip" signs to the presentation of the tasting room, it is just brilliant. The staff were fantastic and the wine is just as good - great to have such fun and learn a lot about the wine and the story of the wine maker himself. If you are heading to McLaren Vale then this is a must see/drink/taste. 5 stars and thank you to the ladies making it such a fun experience!" - Dean Ellis (Facebook)
- "I drive by this place so often, but today I finally drop in. Why it took so long, I don't know. It was such a lovely experience, Sabine, our host was totally in control, excellent knowledge of the wines, great sales person too, I signed up for the BSC. Great wine, great venue and great people behind another great brand" - Tze Khaw (Trip Advisor)
- "We visited 4 wineries in McLaren Vale and can say that Hugh Hamilton wines were by far the stand out winery. Excellent wines, great atmosphere and exceptional service! - Julie Cooper (Facebook)
- "We visited this quirky vineyard as part of a tour to the McLaren Vale area, we loved its quirkiness and the fabulous rotunda. We were looked after by Carolyn - a generous host who certainly 'knew her stuff'. We really enjoyed the wine tasting and the oil and Dukkah. Would loved to have met Hugh - another time. Great wines." - Polly (UK - Facebook)
- "This was by the far the best winery we visited on our day trip to the McLaren Vale area. The staff were friendly and special thanks to the lady who sat with us and explained the different Black Blood wines to us along with the different types of soil that affect their produce." - Sc207 (Aberdeen - Trip Advisor)
Cellar Door Hours:
Open Daily 11am - 5pm
(Including Weekends and Public Holidays)
Closed Christmas Day
Tasting fee applies. Browse the range of Tasting Experiences here.
Hugh Hamilton Wines
94 McMurtrie Road
McLaren Vale SA 5171
P.O. Box 615
McLaren Vale SA 5171
T: +61 8 8323 8689